Fortnite Battle Royal needs no introduction. It is an extremely famous game title. However, due to its popularity, this game has become a magnet for a number of cheaters. Usually, the cheaters and other malicious people try to lure the gamers with offers for free Vbucks by sending them web links. Vbucks are the coins used in Fortnite games.
But the catch is that this game money is not given for free. It is just a way to deceive users into giving their account’s login credentials.
In order to safeguard the Fortnite gaming account, one should not click on any link. In addition to exercising caution while hitting links, one should also enable multi-factor authentication for securing their account. By setting up two-factor authentication for the Fortnite account, one can secure their account from getting compromised. Let’s check out the method to set 2FA on Fortnite accounts.
Steps for adding Two-Factor Authentication to the Fortnite account
Here is the process for adding some additional security to the Epic Games account via multi-factor authentication.
- Open the web browser.
- Visit epicgames.com.
- Go to the Account web page,
- Key in the sign n details such as username and password.
- Now, hit the Sign in button.
- Click on the burger(three lines) icon located at the upper right-hand corner of the webpage.
- This will bring the menu down.
- Now, select your profile. The icon will be a tiny silhouette of a human.
- Select Account from the list.
- Choose Password and Security.
- After that, navigate to the ending of the options.
- Select the option called Two-Factor Sign In.
From now on, whenever the user signs into their Fortnite account using a new device, they will receive a unique passcode via email. This passcode needs to be entered in order to log in to the Epic Games account.
Robert Williams is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding McAfee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.